John 14:10 Commentary - Garner-Howes Baptist Commentary
1) "Believest thou not that I am in the Father," (ou pisteueis hoti ego in to patri) "Do you not believe or trust that I exist in the Father," as One Divine, and the one of Deity, as I have explained to you, and even shown you through the miraculous works that I have done, Joh 4:36; Joh 10:38.
2) "And the Father in me?" (kai ho pater en emoi estin) "And the Father exists in me?" in a special disclosure of unity, in the revelation of the trinity of the elohim (or Godhead) of the Old Testament, Gen 1:11; Joh 10:38; Joh 17:2 l, 23.
3) "The words that I speak unto you,'' (ta hremata ego lego humin) "The words which I say to you all," as my disciples, my New Covenant fellowship of followers, my church which I have called out, Mat 16:18; Joh 15:16; Joh 15:27.
4) "I speak not of myself:" (ap' emautou ou lalo) "From myself I do not speak," I do not witness, isolated from the Father, but in oneness with Him, as the Divine one, He was Divinity, God Himself, in what He said and what He did, Joh 8:28.
6) "He doeth the works." (poiei ta erga autou) "He does his works," through me, for I came as His Icon-likeness, to do His will and works necessary for the redemption and glorification of humanity and the universe, Joh 5:19-20; Joh 7:16; Joh 12:49; Joh 17:4-5.
Consult other comments:
Garner-Howes Baptist Commentary
The Garner-Howes Baptist Commentary of the Whole Bible was originally published as a 23-volume set by Albert Garner (principal author) along with J. C. Howes, G.F. Crumley, and Eugene Garner in 1985. The Blessed Hope Foundation has released this digital edition into the public domain.